Part of the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games Corporation's (GOLDOC) role is to accommodate Games officials, workforce specialists, technical staff and other key constituents that will be fundamental in delivering a great Games in 2018.
- Up to 16,000 beds are required to accommodate Games constituents across every style of accommodation from five star hotels and apartments to tourist parks, dormitory, backpackers and trusted homestay families.
- Accommodation requirements are spread across the Gold Coast and event cities of Brisbane, Townsville and Cairns.
- A hotel in Townsville and Cairns will accommodate a Regional Athletes Village and play a unique role in housing athletes and team officials participating in the preliminary rounds of the GC2018 men's and women's Basketball competition. They will be responsible for delivering an athlete-focused experience with exclusive use of the hotels, including accommodation and function rooms.
- A Games Family Hotel is selected to accommodate the members of the Games Family including the Commonwealth Games Federation (CGF) and Commonwealth Games Associations (CGA's) and other key partners and it will serve as the main headquarters for the CGF during GC2018.
- The beauty of the Gold Coast is there is an abundance of fantastic places to stay, see and experience all within an 80km radius of the heart of the city. From northern, central and southern Gold Coast to areas such as the Gold Coast Hinterland and northern New South Wales.
- Many accommodation operators and reputable third party booking websites or travel companies will only offer bookings from 18 months prior to the arrival date.
For GC2018 vision and images please visit: www.brand.gc2018.com